Youth Resource Centre, Bonny
The Youth Resource Centre
An integrated one-stop Centre that provides a wide range of social, health, education, employment and life skills services to youths of the community. It was establish to provide empowerment through the sharing of information and knowledge.
The Centre provides a walk-in youth friendly environment to allow youths access a range of referrals and information services for free as well as a safe and encouraging environment for our youth to explore their full potential.
The Centre caters for a broad range of young people ages of 4 - 28, equipping them with
the creativity, energy and leadership capacity our community needs to grow and thrive.
The Centre was incorporated as a Non-Profit Organization in October, 2013 and opened to the public on the 6th of February, 2014.
Staff and Management
The YRC Operational Team
The Centre is a non-profit organization run by the youth for youth. It currently has an operational team of 3 staff, 2 Interns and a number of volunteers who support the resource needs of the Centre from time to time. All team members are young professionals aged 35 and below. This team provides the operational, logistics and infrastructural support for the day-to-day management of the Centre and the organization of Centre events and programs under the leadership of the Centre Director.
Excel Ukpohor: Director.
Adams Kokoye: Centre Manager
Elizabeth Adikwu : Centre Coordinator
Tuwotamuno Hart: Lead, Facility Mngt
Evelyn Akuh : Youth Resource Officer
The Board was setup to support the operational team of the Centre with strategic intent and operational insights. Also ensuring that the sustainability and growth of the Centre is kept in focus in line with her vision and mission. The Board ensures that the operations of the Centre meets budgetary, legal and regulatory requirements. The Board is made up of 4 members including the Centre Director.
Provide a resource haven for young people where they can be inspired to become creatives, solution providers, leaders and role models in the society.
- Improve educational standard on the island by providing a resource library with a
- conducive studying environment.
- Promote the reading culture among youths in the community.
- Increase the Information and Communication Technology awareness amongst the youths.
- Educate the youths on educational opportunities available to them.
- Guide the youths on positive life choices and challenge them for the best through personal counselling and mentoring.
- Promote healthy living among youths by organizing health and fitness programs.
- Encourage a sense of communal service among the youths by providing community
- volunteerism opportunities.